THERE IS NO PEACE WHEN THERE IS PREJUDICE
PEACE DAY CELEBRATION
SUN. SEPT. 24TH 2PM
Prayers, Music, Words
Join the Greater Putnam Interfaith Council as we pray,
WHERE: DAUGHTERS OF THE HOLY SPIRIT Auditorium, Provincial House 72 Church Street, Putnam, CT
Food or Monetary Donations to Daily Bread Accepted.
Sponsored by GPIC
We invite you to come and join us for a wonderful time of worship, lunch, and games at West Thompson Overlook Picnic Shelter. Please invite your friend and families for a time of fun and fellowship.
Time: August 6, 2017 (Sunday) 10:30 am – 2:00 pm
Place: West Thompson Overlook Picnic Shelter
Please come and support our youth group for mission trip to Philadelphia this year.
Date: June 3 (Saturday) 5:00 pm – 6:30 pm
Place: Living Faith UMC (53 Grove St. Putnam, CT 06260)
Ticket Price: $10 per Adult; $5 per Child
Menu: Lasagna, Salad, and Desert
*Take-Out is also available. Please email email@example.com or call 860-928-9705 for order in advance.
Easter Egg Hunt
Date: April 15 (Saturday) 2 PM
Place: Parsonage (26 Eden St. Putnam)
Come with your children, grandchildren, and their friends. We will gather the eggs and play fun games together. We will also share with them the meaning of Easter.
Come and join us with your families and children for a move night.
We will watch the BFG and share supper afterward. All are welcome.
Time: April 23 (Sunday) 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm
Place: Living Faith UMC (53 Grove St), Fellowship Hall (basement)
“An orphan little girl befriends a benevolent giant who takes her to Giant Country, where they attempt to stop the man-eating giants that are invading the human world.” (- imdb.com)
Families & Children of All Ages
Sunday, March 19, 4:00 PM
Dinner Served following the movie
Living Faith UMC (51 Grove St)
Call 860-928-9705 for Information
During Lent, our church will use Eric Elnes’ Gifts of the Darkwood as the guide for the worship and small group study. If you wish, you can purchase the book through our church at $12.00.
- Ash Wednesday – Where We Find Ourselves
- Lent 1 (March 5) – The Gift of Uncertainty
- Lent 2 (March 12) – The Gift of Emptiness
- Lent 3 (March 19) – The Gift of Being Thunderstruck
- Lent 4 (March 26) – The Gift of Getting Lost
- Lent 5 (April 2) – The Gift of Temptation
- Palm/Passion (April 9) – The Gift of Misfits
- Maundy Thursday (April 13) – The Gift of Disappearing
- Easter Sunday (April 16) – Where Do We Go from Here?
Small Group Study Schedule
- Sunday Morning – 9:30 AM (starting from March 5)
- Wednesday Morning – 10:00 AM (starting from March 8)
- Wednesday Evening – 5:00 PM (with pizza) (starting from March 8)
Martin Luther King Jr. prophetically challenged our nation with the dream that everyone would be respected and loved regardless of who they are. It is because everyone is created in the image of God. However, it seems that we still witness racism that deeply divides our country with racial prejudice often dehumanizing certain groups of people. In recognizing such broken reality, we invite our congregation to study together how God listens to the cries and prayers of the oppressed as in the Book of Exodus. We meet Moses who was living his life happily as he had nothing do with the suffering of his people. We read how God met him at the burning bush, sent him back to Egypt, and delivered God’s children from slavery. This study will help us to be attentive to the racial injustice of our society and how we can attempt to dismantle it as God’s people who are called to justice and righteousness. We invite you to join us for a time of discernment and fellowship.
- The Bible (Exodus 1-20)
- Holding Up Your Corner Participant Book by F. Willis Johnson (If you would like to order the copy through the church, please email us at <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sunday 9:30 am – 10:30 am
- Wednesday 5:00 pm – 6:00 pm
- February 1, 5
Segment 1: Orientation
Segment 2: Empathic Models of Transformation
Exodus 1 – 3 (God listens to the cries of the slaves)
- February 8, 12
Segment 3: Acknowledge
Sunday 12: Rev. Joyce Whetstone (joining the study group)
Exodus 5 – 11 (God sends Moses for liberation but Pharaoh refuses)
- February 15, 19
Segment 4: Affirm
Exodus 12 – 15 (God frees the slaves and leads them to the wilderness)
- February 22, 26
Segment 5: Act
Segment 6: A Suggested Next Step
Exodus 16 – 20 (God makes the covenant with God’s people)
Movie Day (February 11, Saturday 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM)
Race to Freedom: The Underground Railroad
- Time: January 16 (Monday) 8:00 AM
- Place: Putnam Elks Lodge #574 (64 Edmond St, Putnam, CT 06260)