The relationship between Living Faith UMC in Putnam, CT and 1st Iglesia de Cristo de San Rafael del Sur, Nicaragua began in 1999. Since that time many friendships have been forged. Together we have,
• Built three classrooms at the Charles Wesley School which presently educates 160 children.
• Fund educational scholarships for 48 students who attend Charles Wesley School
• Built an Educational/Worship Center in San Carlos, a sister church of San Rafael del Sur, with support from a Spirol International grant.
• Provide school supplies each year.
• Provided the school with whiteboards, fans, desks and chairs.
• Built a water distribution system in order to have a consistent supply of water when their regular supply is shut off.
• Built useable bathrooms and hand washing sinks.
• Cemented the school play yard to keep children clean during the rainy season
• Supplied three new computers for the Computer Classroom.
• Provide Christmas gifts and food each year for children in Lomaalegra and Los Naverettes
• Provide support for Dr. Alina Sanchez’s medical ministry to San Rafael del Sur and surrounding communities.
• Have sent 6 mission teams to San Rafael del Sur and brought another three teams from there to Putnam, CT
• Sent four students to the University; one is now Principal of Charles Wesley School
• Provided monies to build a kitchen at Barrio 18 de MayoShare photos, prayers and communications with church families
A Testimony from one of our February 2010 Mission Trip team members:
From Lindsay Shaw Lehman
” Overall this trip was amazing. It opened my eyes to amazing things that I did not think were possible. I felt as though my heart was empty, the busyness of my life had gotten the best of me and I had forgotten how to live. But after this trip, the love, the faith, the hope that I saw, I see life in a whole new way! …”
Charles Wesley School Students